Sometimes doctors suggest that the diaper not cover a healing navel. Because newborn-size diapers are so flexible, they can be folded to avoid contact with a healing navel. And, because the professionally processed diaper service diaper is so soft and clean, there is little chance of irritation, unlike the harsh paper and plastic of disposable diapers.
1. Fold the sides of the diaper across the center panel to form a pad.
2. Fold a small portion of the diaper up in the front.
3. Unfold the sides at the back of the diaper to form two wings.
4. lace the diaper under the baby. Bring the front of the diaper up between the baby’s legs but do not fold it all the way up to the back of the diaper.
5. Bring the two wings around from the back and pin. You will have a noticeable dip in front that comes well below the healing navel. When the baby’s navel has healed, change to the Angel Wing fold.